What is a St Wilfrid's Hospice Support Group?
A group of people or friends who come together to raise funds for the Hospice.
Many of our Support Groups have been supporting the Hospice since long before the Hospice was built, helping to raise funds for it to be setup. A few, including Arundel, are more recent additions.
What sort of things do our Support Groups do to raise funds:
- Hold events (coffee mornings, jumble sales, quizzes, race nights, lunches, dinners, opening their gardens, the list goes on…)
- Represent the Hospice at local events (have an information stall, tombola or bric-a-brac stall)
- Support events put on by the Hospice (marshalling at our Santa Sprint and Stroll or serving refreshments at our Moonlight Walk)
- Display our forthcoming event posters/flyers within their area
- Help ‘man’ street collections
- Empty collection boxes within their area
- Sell Hospice Christmas cards
- Give talks to community groups
How many Support Groups are there and where are they based?
There are 16 Support Groups throughout our catchment area. Last year they raised just over £109,000 for St Wilfrid's Hospice – which is just fantastic!